||Number of recommended drinkers
||10-12 drinkers needed per 1,000 adult birds; 12-14 in hot climates
Approximately 10-12 PLASSON Breeder Drinkers are needed per 1000 adult birds.
(In hot climates, 12-14 drinkers per 1000).
2. For optimum efficiency, the working pressure is as follows: Breeder Drinker 0.4-0.6 bar (6-8 psi).
Compact Breeder Drinker 0.4-0.8 bar (6-12 psi).
3. The pressure can be regulated by means of a pressure regulator or via a head tank.
4. The ballast bottle should be completely filled with water up to the water level line. In frost prone areas, add antifreeze to
5. Adjust drinkers to the proper drinking height, always keeping the drinker lip a little higher than the bird’s back.
6. Keep water level in the bell trough as low as possible.
1. If water is supplied from the main pipeline, incoming pressure to the header kit should be 1.5 bar (22psi), max. 2.7 bar
(40psi).If water is supplied from a header tank, the header tank should be at least 4 m (13 ft.) above floor level.
2. A 130 micron or 120 mesh filter cartridge or better must be installed before the header kit.
3. For lines with more than 10cm (4”) of fall or slope, be sure to install the header kit on the high end of the line and allow the
water to flow downward. Maximum permitted drop of line without using PLASSON Slope Regulator: 10 cm (4″).
4. Maximum length of line 80m (260ft.).
5. Always use the long connecting piece (02209015) for the Aluminum profile.
6. In breeder houses and pullet houses, shocker wire must be installed. In such cases, the aluminum profile must be
grounded. (4 suspension clips per section).
7. The PLASSON Nipple Drinker System is supported by a winching system.
The maximum distance between drops is 3m (10ft.)
8. Before operating the system, at the start of each new flock and after medication, the system must be flushed thoroughly
with high pressure, one line at a time (for details see PLASSON Guide to Cleaning Water Lines).